Sunday 14 July 2013

Some intense eye contact

Express ourselves and share is a topic that I deeply care and rock definitely helped my way in understanding that when I was little. Rock came just in time, I was twelve and I was just gonna accurately build a nice and strong wall, when The Wall taught me to have the braveness to stay naked out of our boundary
                                   and share. 

In the years my idea evolved a lot and for a long chapter of my life I was stuck in the firm belief that each human is an island and the idea of the communication is simply impossible. But I never lost the certainty that we have to try anyway, that's our way.

Now I'm twenty-four and I can tell that after many troubles in human relationships, in the end the pacification always came in that moment in which we finally arrived to an honest opening, saying the truth, in even all the eventual fragilities. It happened when we truly communicated.

Now I'm twenty-four and it's more then one year then I even think that actually we are NOT islands and I finally can have an opinion far from reductionism: I clearly felt too strongly my consciousness out of myself (yes, I have to use exactly these words again and I will more and more).

Well, although sometimes my perception tells me precisely about the reality, I guess that I'll never know for sure what's the consciousness and where it is; I have to deal with it and indeed I already told to my own Ulysses to learn also how to enjoy the clouds, the wind, the sunshine and the park over there (and "do nothing", mentioning my dear Masha's motto). Nevertheless, I'll keep also enjoying this cute human attempt to the knowledge.


Meanwhile, I keep communicating

 and I try to do it as best as I can, aware of the special power can stroke us going by art.


The Amanda Fucking Palmer TED talk is something that I'd like to share with anybody has to communicate (which means exactly anyone, yes, unless that you already really know yourself on the good way), above all with artists.




The 7th of July I went to Tivoli, in Utrecht, with my thoughtmate Natalja, for the concert of Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra and I felt desperately thankful to finally be in front of a stage which was a trampoline to the crowd and not a pedestal (yop, she surfed on us too, by the way, and it has been amazing). The people too was finally warm and nice and I finally felt back my dear sensation of being surrounded by my "family", as I wish to can still perceive the honest rockers.
The exchange which Amanda describes in her talk actually happened and The Grand Theft Orchestra is fuckin' cool.


Jherek Bischoff
Natalja, plus one of the flower that Amanda thrown to the people
Chad Raines



I'M NOT A KILLING TYPE


A girl almost collapsed during the concert; this is the super fast sketch I made when she passed in the middle of the crowd helped by two friends
Jherek Bischoff


In the end of the concert Amanda was behind the stand of the merchandising, so I had the possibility of talk with her. I said one short thing which in my mind is connected with the previous topic of the consciousness. She… she totally disagreed. Then I just get shy and confused and I babbled something. The day after, although I was travelling, very busy and potentially full of any other kind of personal thoughts, my mind was all the time tuned on her answer, swinging continuously from my idea and hers, trying to understand which is the best one, or if the the way is another third again. Above all, I kept contemplating the doubtless speed with which she contradicted me. It's still fresh in my memory and I observe it, probably learning something from it.



I am sure about one thing: the intensity of her eye contact.


No comments: