Thursday 20 June 2013

"Hidden pictures" /// Heidi Harris and guests, June Saturday 29th at Pianos 158, NY

I'm having again the honour of collaborating with Heidi Harris and her lovely atmosphere. This time I made a poster (here its page event) following a way not so common for me. Thinking about it in the previous period, I often had totally different idea with very clear subjects, not far from my imaginary. But in these last weeks, walking through Tate Modern or perhaps some gorgeous Dutch squats, I rediscovered a lesson as basic as easy to forget: freedom! Which is also a duty if you follow your honest artistic path: on one hand is important to have a style, but on the other hand you have to refresh it, don't let it cage you and don't let yourself cage it. Frank Zappa said that without deviation, progress is not possible.
So, reckless or wise enough, sometimes during all my life I always liked to abandon for a while media or techniques that were already nicely working out, proposing something new to my short fingers and my long nails. So this time I played experimenting a little bit again.


When you do that, one of the most exciting phase is about deciding when to stop. Since I saw this illustration in several different aspects, this time I like to share one step, also because it could be a tip for who's playing to find all its elements, like the sweet Eve Blackwater did… (No, I didn't draw weasels for boobs, by the way, but how cool that you can trip so much in these colours!)


… So, have fun and in case you're in New York, enjoy for me the Heidi Harris concert with her special guests aka "Knife Thrower's Assistance"! It will be the 29th of June at Pianos 158, in Ludlow St! 




No comments: