Saturday 5 April 2014

I Cricchimiddi

It's April, folks, the Sicilian theatrical company Cricchimiddi is getting ready for their next play, Il medico dei pazzi, and in a few days I'll be back there as well, in Messina, and I will have again some great fun taking photographs in their crazy crazy crazy'n'cozy backstage, in the theatre Annibale di Francia.


The Cricchimiddi were born originally in 1990, when some employees from the Italian bank Banco di Sicilia gathered to tribute their love for their island, the Sicily, trying to tell its complicated reality, its past, its present, using the wonderful world of the dialectal comedies.



They prepare one play per year and every time their shows are sold out––which is something very positive because they donate all they gain.


These photographs are from "Miseria e nobiltà", their previous play, in 2013.


It was my first time with them and their total passion and playfulness completely conquered my heart.







Discovering how much they're talented, and warm, and enthusiastic, and motivated, and innerly shining, discovering how beautiful these people are has been a multiple joy, for multiple reasons…




…One of these reasons is definitely the one which pulled me there: one of the actors, Filippo Aldo Liparoti, who has just my lastname, is, guesss, yesss, he's right my daddy, yay!


Always living in different and far places, I don't know very well the daily surrounding of my father, so that's also why I loved so much to get more into one of his main passions and finding such a precious world––such a "home", since that's the feeling I immediately got, entering the backstage and smiling and laughing with everyone.




Arrivo, Cricchimiddi!




TANTA, TANTA, TANTA,

TANTISSIMA MERDA!











No comments: